OSCE Orientation Course
The feedback from the OSCE candidates over the years consistently shows a clear desire for the MRCGP [INT] South Asia Board to organize its own OSCE orientation courses.
In October 2014 the Board contacted the OSCE eligible candidates through email to have their input regarding the idea of the OSCE Orientation course run by the MRCGP [INT] South Asia Board and their interest in attending it. Based on the feedback, the Board organized the first three day Orientation course under its supervision in January 2015 at Abu Dhabi. Based on the feedback of the participants, the format was reviewed and the duration was also increased to four days.
Feedback of the course participants is very encouraging as majority of them found it tremendously helpful for preparing for the OSCE exam and making them feel better prepared and confident to take it. The MRCGP [INT] South Asia Board now regularly organize the course and currently available twice a year in the months of July and December in Abu Dhabi.
Objectives of the Course:
The objective of the orientation course is not only to provide knowledge to the participants but to provide an opportunity to them to have better orientation towards the OSCE, and to give them a chance to enhance their clinical and examination skills by having hands-on practice, mock examination and one to one interaction with the experienced OSCE examiners.
At the end of the course, the participants will:
- have an understanding of the consultation model
- be able to apply ethical frameworks to clinical situations
- develop an understanding of how the cases are marked
- have gained experience in consulting with simulated patients
- have received feedback and advice from the MRCGP [INT] OSCE examiners
The salient features of the orientation course are:
- Orientation to the OSCE
- Help the participants to brush their consultation & communication skills
- Small group exercises
- Interactive scenario based sessions
- Hands-on practice
- Learning need identification and tips to improve
- Highest quality, MRCGP [INT] South Asia accredited
- Facilitated by panel of experienced examiners
- Only course that offers the unique opportunity to familiarize yourself with the actual exam experience
- Specifically designed to give the participants an understanding of how the OSCE exam is run.
- Every participant will have the chance to practice clinical skills in a mock consultation.
- Demonstrating proper examining techniques
- One to one constructive feedback
- 60% pass rate
- Mock exam